Thursday, July 8, 2010

Everything Sux...

I'm sitting here totally foul and need to vent a little. What happened to TV? Can someone out there please tell me what happened to quality TV. I try to watch network TV, I do. It is so bad. I saw the Emmy nominees this morning and just shook my head in total dismay. Before I get into that I just watched the LeClown James "special" on ESPN and it was the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen. The level of self importance is mind boggling. The fact that my wife (doesn't know a football from a basketball) and I watched is even more mind boggling. I hope this team never wins. Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not bitter he didn't come to NY or NJ (I wanted him to stay at home), I'm bitter because these 3 guys conspired to play for the devil and think they got a ring locked. I hope he never wins. One more thought before I move on...they kept calling him the best player in the game today and I always thought the best player in any sport is the one that consistently leads his team to championships. oh well...on to the Emmy's.

The Emmy nominees came out and I realize the majority of these shows are for sheep. There were a few on there that I watch...Dexter for one...Nurse Jackie is good, not a comedy, but good. I just don't understand how network TV got so bad. 19 nominations for Glee? Seriously? I love Jane Lynch but this show is the epitomee of what I hate about network TV. If you are white suburbia and have never lived in a major city and love glee then put on a top 40 station and have a glass of white wine and disregard my ramblings because this crap is meant for folks like you. I would give it another chance if it showed a glimpse of what the world is really like...maybe a body count episode? Can we get a Law and Order:SVU episode and glee crossover? I'd be into that and might even set the Tivo.

I see the Good Wife was nominated too....really?

Southland is one of the best shows on TV and it had to jump to cable. Network TV is a joke. Cable is the only choice now for quality shows. I long for the days of Oz -if you thought the wizard I hope said cuts you like he did adebisi (mr. eko). Bring back the wire maybe some shield reruns. I do have a soft spot for Criminal Minds though so all is not totally lost. It's funny how the more advanced TV's have become the worse the programming gets. I always thank god for cable and sports. Of course until tonight when I got sucked into the LeClown nonsense. ugh...

Remember when it comes to TV and Music today skip ahead to the 4:02 mark and realize Everything Sux.

Until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment