Sunday, June 27, 2010

Here we go...

Welcome to the world according to me. This is my first attempt at making a blog. I'm not sure why I am a tad nervous or hesitant about doing this but I am. Sitting here and trying to get this started is making me feel like my first day in junior high when some 8th grade girl sprayed me in the face with her hair spray while we were in the cafeteria waiting for our bus. Yeah that's right she was on my bus. There I was, an insecure, husky 12 year old being sprayed in the face with aqua net by an extra from Square Pegs. Everyone laughed AND I had to get on the bus with them. Great day in life of prepubescent me. It surprises me that I can't for the life of me remember her name. At the time it was mortifying and made me beg my folks to move and now I can't remember her. I guess that goes with age. Although I still have a brain of useless 80's and 90's facts my ability to remember names is not as sharp as it was pre kids.

I grew up on the Jersey Shore and will occasionally recall past people (for all those I have forgotten, some are still in the data bank), places and events as they pop to the fore front of my brain. Today I live in Hoboken, NJ and work in Manhattan. I recently visited my parents and made a wrong turn trying to find the house. How is that possible? Seriously, I grew up in the town and spent over 20 years living down there. How do I not remember the street? Mess. I think the years my wife and I lived in Brooklyn erased some of the Point Pleasant memories. I am a firm believer that if you want to get tough you go into the military or you do time in Bensonhurst. I'll save the story of the street brawl on my 29th birthday for a future blog. Hoboken is great but the yuppies occasionally make me long for the grittiness and the edge of Brooklyn. Ah if it weren't for the kids...

I'm not going to get too carried away with my first post. I hope you come back and read my future rants and recollections. See you all next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment